Ttoc6
Cat 2

Bikes: Tarmac, Why Cycles R+, Evil The Calling

Mentioned: 91 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 605 Post(s)
Liked 194 Times in 87 Posts
Echoing what's said above..

The line between producer and DJ has been blurred pretty heavily. There are still djs, but not many big name producers that dont stand on stage and press play on a laptop to collect huge appearance fees.

Edm is about finding the genre you like best and diving in. I'm not really into super bassy, dubsteppy music. I listen to mostly trance. From there you can dive into psy trance, 138bpm, vocal, uplifting etc and really refine your taste. It's a big wide world of sounds that build on top of years of history to get to where we are today in the dance music scene.

For just a taste of this, watch the "amen break" video on YouTube. Quite an incredible piece of music history in one lecture.

While I enjoy the poppy stuff ocassionally, I do see the trend of pop music in the last year or two straying away from the "edm" sound and picking up more vibes from kpop and even older country. That Taylor's swift song that got popular "look what you made me do" sounds extremely similar to kpop to me. Billie Eilish has been getting a lot of media attention recently(deservedly) and her sound is totally unique.