Old 06-08-19, 06:21 PM
Sojodave

Bikes: The Blurple Specialized Roubaix Pro

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 220 Post(s)
Liked 143 Times in 75 Posts
Desperate Help Needed With Saddle Sores

I've got a 140 mile charity ride on June 15th and I've recently developed saddle sores on any distance over 50 miles. I'm desperate for a solution so that long of a ride doesn't cause me an incredible amount of pain.

Backstory:
I spent 2.5 blissful years on the Specialized Power Expert, but I thought I could do better. I went through 6 saddles and decided to go back to the Power Expert saddle. All was well until three weeks ago. While training for the 140 mile ride, I've developed saddle sores on any ride over 50 miles. The saddle sores are the rash kind. I don't feel this pain on my 20 to 30 training rides mid-week. I only feel them on the long rides on the weekends that are over 50 miles.

Pre-Cautions:
I use good quality bibs with a good chamois. I use Chamois Butt'r on my skin and on my bibs. I did have a fit from a Specialized dealer two years ago and my fit is the same as it was last year. I try and get off my saddle every 10 minutes during rides. I try and jump into a shower after every ride and I try and be as clean as possible.

Options:
  1. Reapply Chamois Butt'r every 25 miles?
  2. I did try out the Pro Stealth saddle which I still have. I could switch my saddle to the Pro Stealth, but with only a week until a huge ride, that could be a giant mistake.
  3. Going nuclear would mean I go buy another saddle such as the Brooks Cambium Carve C17, but that could also be a giant mistake.
  4. Buy new bibs and hope they work.
Does anyone have any other suggestions to save my bum?