Old 08-25-20, 06:44 PM
tjc4golf

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Hit Factor
Looks like the seat might be a little high, her knee looks locked.

I didn't really want to say anything, but her head, what's wrong with it?
Iride01 also thought the saddle looks high. Lowering is easy. I'll do that.

I just blurred her face for anonymity.

Originally Posted by Iride01
Saddle looks too high going by the leg extension on the first two pics.
Saddle looks too far back also, as best I can tell by her position without being able to see the saddle.

Fix those two and perhaps you might also somewhat correct the things that make her shoulders hurt. Which are the fully extended straight arms.

I'm not a flat bar fan. They only give you one position. Unless you count riding with elbow very bent and elbows slightly bent as two positions.

I found that when the spouse don't like a bike, even if they aren't valid reasons, they won't like the bike ever. Maybe you'll have better luck. Mine still thinks she has to have a step through.

She knows you put her pic up...... right? Otherwise you are in deep s#*t if she ever finds out. <grin>
Hit Factor also thought the saddle looks high. Lowering is easy. I'll do that first.

Seastpost is the setback type. That can be replaced with straight seatpost. Also easy.

Bars are personal. Drop bars give you more hand positions but are narrower / less stable (though that's changing a little bit with gravel bikes) which isn't great for beginners such as the gf. Also, brakes and gears are optimized for the drops meaning brakes and gears aren't as accessible in other positions which makes them less safe than flat bars which isn't great for beginners such as the gf. Also, 1x is still more rare and expensive in road / drop configurations. All of this is debatable / my opinions.

I'm worried about the same thing happening as happened with your spouse. Appeals to logic and science seem to be falling on deaf ears.

Originally Posted by Helderberg
You could try a stem like I use and the added grips allow for more hand placements that can help with hands and shoulders.
Frank.
Good idea. Cheap and easy too. Like it.