View Single Post
Old 02-18-15, 07:58 AM
myth001

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Brian Ratliff
Miche is fine - I used them for a while. They are just entry level and the bottom bracket that goes with it sucks. Now I use Sugino 75s with DA rings. Good combo.
That's interesting, I bought mine online, and my LBS was still praising the Miche BB (well, compared to the FSA one that with the bike anyways). Oh, well! Already installed it now. perhaps something to keep in mind next time...

Originally Posted by Hida Yanra
Some tend to be more "round" than others, more precise - helps keep the chain line in plane, but that's about the only thing I really much noticed.
Never thought the 'roundness' could be such a noticeable factor! Shouldn't they all be pretty well computer designed and cut, and hence pretty 'round'?
Which ones in your opinion are 'rounder' that others?

Originally Posted by 700wheel
My mechanical design handbook delves into chain drive efficiency; basically larger tooth cogs result in less chain friction and better chain load distribution (to me this means less cog wear) than smaller sprockets.
I'm assuming that the larger cogs don't let the chain bend as much, and hence less friction. Is that right? Or is there some different logic to this?