View Single Post
Old 06-23-20, 02:21 PM
Ghazmh

Bikes: 2022 Salsa Beargrease, 2020 Seven Evergreen, 2019 Honey Allroads Ti, 2018 Seven Redsky XX, 2017 Trek Boon 7, 2014 Trek 520

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 696 Post(s)
Liked 910 Times in 487 Posts
Originally Posted by rholland1951
Took the Rawland out for the third morning ride in a row, 16 miles of the Hill Street-Paul Revere Road-Mass. Ave. hill climb. Lots of huffing and puffing up hill, and wind rushing in the ears down hill, all before the real heat of the day developed. It was definitely a morning pick-me-up.

One of the things that I found myself noticing today were the work crews, out and doing in the cool of the morning. Took a few pictures, saw many more there for the taking, and mostly just pedaled on by. The fact that some of the crews were parked in the bike lane seemed less vexing than it sometimes does. I was also noticing just how many cyclists were rolling on the roads in the blessed interval of morning cool and quiet.

Hill Street, Lexington: ivy or some other creeper is making the Giant Finger a little less nakedly present, but it is still there for those who have eyes to see.

Stone Store, Mass. Ave., Lexington: the top of the hill. It's a long climb from either direction, but this guy who rode up West-bound definitely did it the harder, steeper way. I cheered him, before plummeting into the abyss, a.k.a. Worthen Road.

Back home in time for a shower and another cup of coffee before the day's frivolity commenced in earnest.

rod
Welcome to the morning club!
Likes For Ghazmh: