Old 11-14-18, 01:34 PM
Super D

Bikes: Canyon Road, Argon18 TT, DF Track

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked 11 Times in 8 Posts
Is there a comparison of current narrow/shallow sprint handlebars?

Pardon me if I missed an existing thread on this, I searched but couldn’t find it. (Please share a link if you would be so kind, for a pertinent thread.) I’m trying to compare the current crop of handlebars for sprinting. I’m working on getting my two stem/bar setups dialed for next season (one for pursuit, one for everything else). It seems recently that sprint bar geometry has been evolving from generous drop and medium width to shallower drop with narrow width.

Look’s aero track bar and the 3T Scatto are great solutions, but is there anything else one would want to look at (especially on a tighter budget)?

I’ve got a Pro Vibe 7S alu track bar now, great stiffness, just too much drop and too wide. So I’m looking to go shallower, narrower, and aero is a small consideration too...but my arm, body and head position is really taking on most of that responsibility. (Which I also need to work on of course!)

I’m going to play with stems and spacers, need to put a compact sprint bar in the mix.

Thank you for sharing thoughts on this.

Last edited by Super D; 11-14-18 at 02:03 PM.