Old 11-14-18, 03:05 PM
Super D

Bikes: Canyon Road, Argon18 TT, DF Track

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked 11 Times in 8 Posts
Originally Posted by FinkFloyd
What width are your current bars? I have a set of 35cm Scattos and think they're great - the narrow width and the forward sweep of the bar does alter the feel quite considerably from a straight bar, so the setup will change a fair bit, but I do feel considerably more aero than I did on a 40cm straight bar.

I like the look of the Dolan Alpina sprint bars as well, though I anticipate they aren't as aero as the Scattos.
I've got the Pro Vibe 7S in a 42. Too wide and too much drop, I'm pushing lots of wind. Getting a longer stem and will add stack height in the front to bring hands up more, and forearms more angled to cut the wind better, but the width of these bars opens my arms up too much anyway, so hunting for something overall more compact and with longer reach. I already have a 130mm stem, trying to find a decently stiff 150 if one exists. I've got the alu Pro Vibe 7S stem, and it's impressively stiff. Just too short as it turns out. I'm on a 58cm frame, might even have to up to a 60cm to get more spread out. Trying to avoid that for now, that's an awfully big frame.