Old 11-13-20, 07:33 AM
subgrade

Bikes: Focus Crater Lake

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 391 Post(s)
Liked 337 Times in 204 Posts
Originally Posted by CargoDane
That's racing. I find the subject matter boring, even if it s "great cinema. Those kinds of things are for people with training regimes and a lot of suffering "just because". I've never watched TdF, nor do I enjoy watching racing for pros.
I think I'd like CX just for the nuttiness of it. Not for watching, but actually doing it - and doing it on a level where it was still merely fun. It's the same with football ("soccer" for you yanks): It's fun playing, but I really am not interested in the pros, nor interested in watching anyone playing the game. The same goes for sailing, coastal rowing, or basically any other sport I can think of that is or might be fun to do yourself. Of couse, there are plenty of sports where I wouldn't think it would be fun to do at all (Hurdles, 100m, gymnastics, American football, road racing, and hundreds of other sports that just seems boring to me).
Some while ago I with some friends brought up the topic about which would be the most boring/pointless sport to watch in person. My version was rally raids, like the Dakar rally - the only place you'd know for sure to expect seeing someone driving by would be the start and finish of a stage. Then sailing was brought up and we all agreed that this one must be it - either you're are participating or not, there is no point to be a spectator.

And I agree that road racing (with the exception of crits) is up there too. It's mostly boring even televised, as it rarely matters what happens during the first 80% of the race. Not that a whole lot would happen anyway.
Likes For subgrade: