Old 01-14-21, 07:08 PM
rekmeyata

Bikes: 2020 Masi Giramondo 700c; 2013 Lynskey Peloton; 1992 Giant Rincon; 1989 Dawes needs parts; 1985 Trek 660; 1985 Fuji Club; 1984 Schwinn Voyager; 1984 Miyata 612; 1977 Raleigh Competition GS

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1126 Post(s)
Liked 253 Times in 204 Posts
Originally Posted by WinterCommuter
except when you’re on the road with debris, glass, wire, etc stuck in the tire that’s easiest/quickest time to identify/patch the hole. I carry a patch kit specifically for the times that i get more flats than spare tubes—doesn’t happen often, may be twice in a life time but it beats calling for help. Once i get home, it might take 10-15 mins to Identify the hole and properly patch a spent tube. Saving myself $2 for 10 mins isn’t worth it to me. Besides, the patched tube will always make for a funky ride.
Do you actually ride a bike? I ask because first you mention $2 tubes, now this nonsense about the patches making for a funky ride, nether Rema or Park glueless patches you cannot feel while riding if on a tube. I've ridden on both for many years, even back in the day when 20c tires were all the rage with 120 psi in the tires, and I used Rema patches. Now maybe if you are riding on superthin track tires you might feel them, but even when I was using silk tubulars for racing I never felt the patches. The Park patches are actually thinner than the Rema patches, so I doubt you could feel the Parks in a track tire, not sure about the Rema on a track tire, but I doubt it.

Personally, I think those $2 tubes are giving you a funky ride!