hsuBM
jj

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 140 Post(s)
Liked 110 Times in 78 Posts
Strava squiggles: is this normal?

Tl;dr

I’m not on a BMX, veering all over to hop curbs and do flatland tricks in the middle of the road (which would be cool, ngl). I’m on my road bike and hugging the shoulder.

what the heck is this:

Definitely was in the road and not bouncing against a building here...

This one here looks like I rode through three neighbor’s lawns then, like Wile E Coyote, smashed through four of their houses and rampaging a lap and a half around inside the fourth one before blasting out their bay window and resuming my way North on Oswego...

I’m only using my iPhone instead of a dedicated GPS unit. I found a few threads that mentioned some discrepancies regardless of phone or DGPSU, but is this really what’s going on for everybody or have I dropped my phone too many times?

~~~~~

I wouldn’t have noticed this if I didn’t loose huge chunks of today’s ride where I was dead certain that I’d Top5’d a segment... but it’s gone along with the first two miles of my ride, but I magically avg’d 25mph.

Because of what it was telling me, I thought my cheapo Cateye Padrone computer was off so I went and enlarged my wheel setting in hopes of getting more accurate readings on my handlebars.