rsbob 
Grupetto Bob

Bikes: Bikey McBike Face

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2631 Post(s)
Liked 5,764 Times in 2,969 Posts
Originally Posted by jadmt
I had to google middle age and it is defined as between 40-65 yoa....so based on that I am still middle age as I am turning 65 yoa in a few weeks..I have been blessed, I have zero aches or pains and literally I mean zero. I can hike 16 miles in the snow at 16-18 minutes per mile pace and ride 100 miles at 18+ mph and get home and walk the dog and mow the lawn. If it were not for photos or mirrors I would think I was 30 years old, it is only when I catch my reflection or see a photo of myself that I realize I look old and ugly..I spent my entire life outside and worked my whole life at jobs that beat your body down but for some reason it just has not happened to me. genetics play a big role no doubt. My grandfather on my dads side made money bending horseshoes with his barehands, I saw him do a flagpole stand when he was around 70yoa and he could do pullups at close to 80. and my dad was an absolute power house he could do feats of strength that were crazy and he never worked out a day in his life, I have an uncle who was a world arm wrestler I believe he won the canadian championship and was 4th in the us at one time. My cousin who is my age is still competing in lifting competitions. I had dinner last night with a life long friend who is 64yoa and we spent a lot of time together over the years. He is on insulin has a tough time walking and has tremors and is being treated for afib, he told me another one of our old friends has early onset of alzheimer's and another acquaintance just had his foot amputated due to complications from diabetes. other than being an ugly old guy I am very blessed indeed.
Super genes. I had your energy through my mid-60s but have noticed a definite downturn from ‘going all day’ in the last couple of years. My father is 91, mom 90, and dad is still a dynamo and can never sit still. Just this year for the very first time, I developed arthritis in a thumb joint.

May your good genes and fortune keep going for quite some time.

Likes For rsbob: