View Single Post
Old 02-13-24, 06:43 AM
PeteHski

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4499 Post(s)
Liked 4,976 Times in 3,076 Posts
Originally Posted by Jughed
Dont know exactly how… but my suspicion is getting the young athlete to an improved level prior to getting the passport, then micro dosing during the night, within the window of time when they are not allowed to be tested - I think it 11-6 at night.

Keeping the athletes at their inflated baseline levels throughout the tour.

Then using “legal” drug cocktails…

And whatever new hot substance that isn’t tested for, just like the early days of EPO.

You were in the auto racing world, so you have to understand the officials and rules trail the cheating. The teams are always one step ahead…

Its just hard to fathom that a 21 year old can exceed the abilities of well seasoned, highly doped athletes.

And that Pogs team manager has been popped twice for doping riders.
All this because you simply don’t believe it would be possible to better doped performance levels from 20 years ago without doping.

What I observed over my 3 decades in motorsport was less and less cheating as the sport became more corporate and professional. The stakes become too high and involved too many people. I’m talking about technical cheating. You get the odd rogue spy, tactical and financial games. But illegal cars are a non-starter in the modern era. Obviously the legal boundaries are legitimately tested. Go back 40 years and there was a lot more dodgy stuff going on with the actual cars. It was easy to hide and few people needed to know.