View Single Post
Old 05-12-19, 02:46 PM
iamLefty

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Liked 13 Times in 10 Posts
Originally Posted by WhyFi
The valve core issues are, I think, mostly a problem with the screw-on hoses that don't have an air bleed (I assume that the pressure inside the hose is pressing the hose/valve core threads together with enough force that the valve core unscrews from the stem, instead). My Lezyne has unscrewed cores on me a few times - it's really deflating (har har) when it happens because you've just spent the time and effort to get the damn tire up to pressure and now you're got to start over. In any event, it was problematic enough that Lezyne introduced the new hoses with an air bleed button.
The air bleed and the integrated valve core tool is what makes me lean toward the Lezyne Pressure Drive despite it being smaller at 170mm. If only the valve core tool of Race Rocket HP is useful though, i would choose it coz it’s a bit bigger and i like its looks better. In terms of peeformance, according to reviews i’ve read, they’re both good. So i guess you can’t go wrong with either. Anyone knows the Race Rocket’s piston’s diameter? Pressure Drive is 17mm for medium, 20mm for small.