View Single Post
Old 02-26-19, 07:30 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4357 Post(s)
Liked 3,994 Times in 2,665 Posts
Agreed glad you are here hopefully you actually stick around, this can be a very fun place. I joined a while ago and it doesn't feel like I made as many posts as I have, it is just a fun community of people with plenty of debates and normal idiots but also a ton more great people with loads of knowledge on different subjects.

However I would try going clipless, I know it is a bit scary but if you find a nice grassy field and set yourself up to know you may fall (and in my case not) and practice for a bit it will be much easier and you will have better retention with easier foot removal when properly used. Toe clips can be hard to get out of unless you leave them loose but if you do that you don't really get all the benefits of that system. Plus with today's mountain bike shoes with Michelin or Vibram rubber or the more casual SPD style shoes from companies like Chrome and various sandals from companies like Keen you have shoes you can walk around in easily but can also ride in.