Old 06-21-19, 07:33 AM
Caliper

Bikes: Many

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 385 Post(s)
Liked 58 Times in 43 Posts
Originally Posted by dmanthree
Of course, there is a simple solution if you don't want a GPS computer. Just get a "dumb" computer and use Strava on your phone to track rides.
I do want a GPS computer though. Have been using the phone but am starting to do rides where the battery life of the phone w/ GPS on falls into question so separating the two and not having to worry about phone/lifeline battery so much is a driving factor here.

Originally Posted by JohnJ80
FWIW, I think DCRainmaker kind of nailed the Garmin world with this article. Accurate based on my experience, maybe even a little magnanimous. The comments in the article are really illuminating.

https://www.dcrainmaker.com/2019/06/...stability.html

Market and feature leader but - at best - mediocre reliability. I'd say that's pretty accurate.
TBH, that article is why I posted this thread. I've been aware of Garmin reliability issues for some time, but wrote it off as just being operator error or due to the large volume of users. But DCRainmaker seems like a pretty experienced user...

I've actually got a Wahoo Elemnt arriving today. Unfortunately neither of the shops near home can order Wahoo computers since QBP only seems to stock the Wahoo sensors so it's Prime FTW.