Bah Humbug
serious cyclist

Bikes: S1, R2, P2

Mentioned: 115 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9334 Post(s)
Liked 3,679 Times in 2,026 Posts
Originally Posted by WhyFi
Hmm. Are the front speakers in the ceiling or in the front wall?

How much music do you listen to? Is it mostly just in background? And movies - do you want to hear bullets whizzing and helicopter blades whirling around the room? Or would you be fine if just the front half of the room had (directional) sound?
Speakers are all in the ceiling. They're sad little ones which may at some point be replaced, or not. Music is almost non-existent through them; it's 99% for TV. Don't really give a crap about directional at all; the thing that gets me is when cheap built-in speakers get a vibration on certain frequencies. My TV in Boulder did it for Ron Swanson's voice, and my next one did it... I forget what that one buzzed for. Right now we're using a basic Yamaha soundbar from Costco and it's fine, but it seems a shame to not use the speakers if they're there.

The wall has a mess of wires coming out. There are two sets of four colored wire pairs (white, red, blue, green), a set of some plugs labelled "master bath" (for piping in Kenny G to your bubble bath I guess?), and then more wires labeled for the directions (such as the LF I'm holding in the pic).

This house is rather a lot for a simple farmboy. The house I grew up in was wired for electricity by my grandfather, with lamp wire.