Old 11-22-20, 03:59 AM
hugomac

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Lost ride

Originally Posted by Caliper
So I'm close to buying my first modern bike computer. Yeah, behind the times, have just been using phone-based Strava for years but now want to watch some numbers while riding.
I have been weighing Wahoo vs Garmin for a while and the one thing that keeps hanging me up is people talking about their Garmin crashing/rebooting/etc midride or while uploading and losing ride data. Strava has only messed up one ride for me ever, so >99% reliability and I'm having a hard time with the chance of this happening.

Of course, there are far more Garmin users out there so maybe I just haven't heard of the Wahoo issues?

Thus, I'm curious about Wahoo users (specifically the Elemnt, but Bolt and Roam users also) if you have ever had Wahoo lose or otherwise mangle your ride data? Can I expect Wahoo to save and successfully upload my ride data 99.9% of the time?
I have just had a ride fail to load into history. And therefore not into Strava etc. Strange though it loaded a summary into my “week” as it was the only ride. So no rides detail in the last 10 days but in the “last week” the ELEMNT shows I rode 90.4km and climbed 666m etc. Pending response. First issue in a couple of years. I am a fan.