Old 02-15-21, 09:01 AM
hsuBM
jj

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 140 Post(s)
Liked 110 Times in 78 Posts
That’s a very well appointed single speed bike.

The seat end of the tt is lower than the steerer end of the tt by very nearly the diameter of the tt.

Roughly an inch. 25.4mm

More than a headset cup.

Maybe put those two pics in a post in the Framebuilders sub in hopes of one of the more experienced saying I’m wrong? Without going into autocad and sketching this up to check those numbers for fun, it looks like a 75* 49cm st w/ 5.8cm of bb drop probably would’ve had to’ve either had the tt & dt intersecting or had a conversation-worthy slope put into the tt. If it were an important point to you, he’d have had to have said something to you about it before even chalking lines onto tubes.

Given the amount of standover and bb height you specified, I’d be surprised if the builder hadn’t pushed you to consider smaller rims- either 650b or 26”.

For your next build, were I you, I’d definitely be shopping 650b rims and tires to build a frame around if a non-intersecting tt+dt is as aesthetically important as a level tt, or be ready to be sure that the builder is comfortable with intersecting those tubes. But I’d also be having front-exiting dropouts on the rear, fender clearance and mounts front & back, bottle cage bosses on the the dt, and some somewhat interesting paint.
Likes For hsuBM: