Old 09-04-19, 07:45 AM
tobukog

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 117 Post(s)
Liked 23 Times in 14 Posts
Originally Posted by topflightpro
Congrats Hermes!

I'm surprised by the low turn out and testing. I saw plenty of people being tested at T-Town last year. I'm not sure why turnout was so low. Doesn't seem like many EC people bothered to travel out west. I also wonder if the timing was an issue - school started here last week.

(I would have been there had I not broken my clavicle. I was able to cancel most things, but still had to pay for half my AirBNB that I didn't use.)
My team mate and I were talking about it, and we speculated it was a combination of things. 1) Many masters have kids, and it's just bad timing being around the 1st week of school. 2) As fun as it to ride at Carson, it's not that forgiving of a track for people who are used to shallower tracks. Kind of like road nationals in Colorado (which I opted not to attend due to the altitude despite having a good chance on "paper") 3) We've had 3 consecutive big track events in LA -- maybe a little burnout? 4) You're just not going to have the turnout similar to a more centrally (drivable) located track like Indy or T-town.

Oh, and they did have USADA there for non-world record testing. But at the magnitude of $1000? per test, it's going to be limited.

Last edited by tobukog; 09-04-19 at 07:52 AM.