View Single Post
Old 03-06-20, 02:49 PM
squirtdad

Bikes: Kirk Custom JK Special, '84 Team Miyata,(dura ace old school) 80?? SR Semi-Pro 600 Arabesque

Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2338 Post(s)
Liked 2,822 Times in 1,541 Posts
Originally Posted by ChrisAlbertson
Most shops don't have a good selection of 27 inch road bike tires. When I blew out a side wall, each LBS had only one 27" road tire to show me. So I bought the one REI had. It is not bad but they only had a 1 1/4 and I prefer 1 1/8. I'm going to have to order a pair of them on-line. So...

I am looking for a pair of 27 x 1 1/8th road slicks with good rubber compound and resistance to flats. I'm trying to put off the need for that $$$ carbon frame race bike for as long as I can. I value speed and rolling resistance more than comfort and there are some 1,800 foot hills and mostly nice pavement so these new tires will see some fast downhill speeds. I live in So. California and we rarely have rain. The tires get wet only when I wash the bike. I don't give a hoot how long they last I'll replace them if when they wear out. This is not a touring bike. I'll do up to 50 miles or less then back home before dark. Does anyone sell good high performance 27 inch tires anymore?

So I have ridable tires on the bike and time to research what's best.
what bike do you have? Post a pic....we like picss, You don;t have to go carbon....you can upgrade the bike especially if it is an nice steel frame...from 700c wheels to putting modern components....and it wold stll be lot less than a new bike...... see this thread https://www.bikeforums.net/classic-v...i-s-ergos.html

Likes For squirtdad: