Old 06-14-20, 01:46 PM
RiceAWay

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 325 Post(s)
Liked 112 Times in 81 Posts
Giant makes very dependable road bikes but I don't care for them either. Though if you are buying new, the latest top end models look pretty good and their warranty is bested only by Trek. The Time's I've owned were extremely well made but were very stiff which was overcome with oversize tires. There are all sorts of great bikes around and I have a couple of top end Treks so I'm out of the market finally. My brother has a Look a couple of years old and loves it. (Despite he also has a Giant TCR that he no longer rides). Depending on the sort of terrain you do, the three top Trek's are incredible and you get a lifetime warranty. A friend of mine had a Gary Fisher road bike and it started cracking and since Trek had bought that company they gave the same warranty on it and gave him a new Madone. Mine is a 6.9 and I really like it though I would have liked it better if I could have put Di2 on it. My 2018 Emonda with Di2 is just head and shoulders above any other bike I've owned. I also have a Colnago CLX 3.0 that rides very good. All my bikes are extra-large so they are not on the light side. In fact, I have a Lemond Zurich with oversize Reynolds 853 tubing that weighs about the same as the Colnago. And the steel Lemond steers with diamond precision. The Treks are almost as good but not quite that precise. I will say that the one problem that Trek had - the BB90 Bottom Bracket has solved this year with the T47 (??) bottom bracket. The same thing but with a screw-in metal bearing holder.