View Single Post
Old 05-28-19, 03:46 PM
Maelochs

Bikes: 2015 Workswell 066, 2017 Workswell 093, 2014 Dawes Sheila, 1983 Cannondale 500, 1984 Raleigh Olympian, 2007 Cannondale Rize 4, 2017 Fuji Sportif 1 LE

Mentioned: 144 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7649 Post(s)
Liked 3,465 Times in 1,831 Posts
Originally Posted by no motor?
There used a big yellow sign saying state law requires stopping for pedestrians crosswalk by my old office. I used to point my phone at people who didn't have any intention of stopping for me when I was in that marked crosswalk and it was great to see the sudden change in their behavior when they realized I could be taking their picture while they violated that law just beyond that sign. Not pointing the phone at them didn't have that effect, neither did pointing at the sign. The camera was the only thing that had any effect.
again, a situation in no way related to riding on a bike with cars coming up from different angles and possibly not even looking close enough to see if you are wearing a helmet, let alone if there is a camera on it.

If you ride one-handed with your phone in your free hand and visibly aim it at every car around you, that might have some effect ... probably the effect of distracting you from safely riding.

In certain situations cameras have effects on behavior ... but there is no evidence that riding a bike is such a situation. The guy who was hit by a cop and caught it all on camera ... had a camera.