View Single Post
Old 06-05-19, 09:16 PM
Loose Chain

Bikes: 84 Pinarello Trevisio, 86 Guerciotti SLX, 96 Specialized Stumpjumper, 2010 Surly Cross Check, 88 Centurion Prestige, 73 Raleigh Sports, GT Force, Bridgestone MB4

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 278 Post(s)
Liked 71 Times in 56 Posts
Originally Posted by nomadmax
Let's see some better pics of the Guerciotti
Well, okay, here it is:

I was under the impression that on BF Guerciotti bicycles were unliked. Said to be noodley as if they were somehow different from any other skinny tube SLX framed bicycle. Frankly, of the skinny tubes Italian bicycles I have owned, the Guerc is the least noodley and I would not use that term as an adjective for it anyway, compliant like a good steel frame, springy like a good steel frame, but noodley, nah. I got this one at Boone Cycles in Houston somewhere in the mid-80s. Rebuilt several times. Originally bought as a frame, I built it up with Shimano 600 drive train and Campy everything else. Now it has a newer 9 speed Shimano 105 and new Mavic Open rims on Ultegra hubs. It has battle scars (earned and hard won patina) from actual racing, as do I. The bike is an Eddy fit for me, most of my other roadies lean more to a competition fit.

The boys hanging out:

Last edited by Loose Chain; 06-05-19 at 09:23 PM.