View Single Post
Old 11-22-19, 09:51 PM
DorkDisk

Bikes: Ritchey Swiss Cross | Teesdale Kona Hot | Haro Extreme | Specialized Stumpjumper Comp | Cannondale F1000 | Shogun 1000 | Cannondale M500 | Norco Charger | Marin Muirwoods 29er | Shogun Kaze | Breezer Lightning

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 576 Post(s)
Liked 1,001 Times in 488 Posts
Originally Posted by Jmpierce
Not feeling these handlebars. I'm waiting on a new set of bars and a chain then I'll cable the gears and add the rear rack. I'm still working on the fenders. If anyone has pointers on how to get the alignment right let me know.

New wheels look good. If you haven't already, I'd suggest getting new brake pads, you don't want old crud eating your new rims.

Handlebars are at the wrong angle, if they are standard risers. If they have a logo, it should be level with the ground, with the rise portion of the bar from the side being roughly vertical as a starting point.

At this point you may want to mess with bar height, and that front brake routing will not be your friend in that endeavor. Since you're updating, you might want to get a fork mounted cable hanger to let your quill stem flex its adjustability advantage, minimize the chance of fork judder, and have a shorter cleaner route.