Old 06-15-19, 01:48 PM
Jrasero

Bikes: Scott Foil RC, Specialized Aethos

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 226 Post(s)
Liked 135 Times in 89 Posts
Delivery guy on ebike ran me off the road last evening

last evening around 8PM I was on a bike path heading home and a delivery guy on an ebike comes blasting to my right without any kind of notice. I quickly swerve to the left loose control hit a bump and fall to my left off, chain comes off and I crack a lever name plate, and ding my crank. I was literally a foot off the right side and this maniac again without any notice tries to pass me on the right when there was no incoming pedestrians on the left hand. By the time I got my barrings and checked if I was seriously hurt and then if my bike was hurt he already had rushed off. My wife said why didn't you chase after him lol. I know it's sad but after I got up and noticed I only have scrapped knees and arms my first thought was oh no my bike! lol

Here are some pictures of the damage but lucky for my bike the left side of my body took most of the impact, this is on a 2017 Scott Addict 20 Disc

The Ultegra lever is a tiny bit scratched at the bottom but the replacement part is $70 from Taiwan and I truly don't want to pay to get it replaced. The name plate cap is an easy $12 fix. Small scratch on the crank. The thing that sucks but isn't serious is the chain popped off and scratched the frame lightly. I have seen a whole lot worse so I consider myself lucky. I have taken a Sharpie and covered it up and then took clear nail polish to it. Looks ghetto but will protect it from water

I examined it last night and again today and even took it to the shop and from the outside that's all the damaged I or a tech could find. 20 mile ride today everything seemed normal

Last edited by Jrasero; 06-15-19 at 01:53 PM.