burnthesheep
Newbie racer

Bikes: Propel, red is faster

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1575 Post(s)
Liked 1,569 Times in 974 Posts
Originally Posted by gsteinb
serious question. did he pick the right parents? we can agree there's more to it anyway. including the clean tattoo. he's an instagram influencer. it's not like he made it in the show.
I might be misinterpreting his post, but I took it as Phil did NOT choose the right parents. At least what I've read of Phil's book he claims many times to NOT have had a good feeling about having the right parents. And he pushed for his dream anyway. He called it something like "real talent".

Again, from the book. I don't live in you guy's world.

As far as "real talent", it is relatable. I grew up playing golf with kids who spent their childhoods on the course and couldn't shoot par to save their lives (or save their quarters and dollars). "Real talent" in golf is the hand-eye-body coordination equivalent I guess of in endurance sport "having the right parents". Lessons and buckets of balls and hours at the course can help a lot. But if you know what you're doing, you can just look at somebody swing and know which person has a totally manufactured swing.........and the ones who use the resources to hone their "real talent". It's almost like seeing "natural beauty" versus a bunch of makeup and clothes.