Old 12-28-20, 03:35 PM
Barrettscv 
Have bike, will travel

Bikes: Ridley Helium SLX, Canyon Endurance SL, De Rosa Professional, Eddy Merckx Corsa Extra, Schwinn Paramount (1 painted, 1 chrome), Peugeot PX10, Serotta Nova X, Simoncini Cyclocross Special, Raleigh Roker, Pedal Force CG2 and CX2

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 910 Post(s)
Liked 288 Times in 158 Posts
Originally Posted by RiddleOfSteel
This summer, and long before that, I thought that going to four bikes--certainly three--would be akin to cutting limbs. A revolving door of seven to eight bikes, all with clever small-apartment organization/"storage" solutions. Nice bikes, too. Special ones. Life can send one on interesting paths, and rather quickly. I got down to five bikes and was able to reorganize some furniture. Then four and I was able to have bikes either all in the living room/area or all in the bedroom. Sold a bucket load of spare wheels and components--a lot of my favorite kinds of parts (Dura-Ace, primarily). It took conviction to stick to the task of fleet and part reduction, but it has been very beneficial in a number of ways. I didn't ever expect to do so, but here I am with a single complete bike, a single spare frameset set to be sold this afternoon, and a relative paucity of components just three months after the start of all of this.

I still have my limbs, and my heart! I do love the simplicity, the space, the bike I do have (of course!), and the fact that a bunch of parts are going to enthusiastic new homes to be put on frames that will see the road.
Congrats! Seriously, it's a formidable task. What selling medium was most convenient for you?
When I ride my bike I feel free and happy and strong. I'm liberated from the usual nonsense of day to day life. Solid, dependable, silent, my bike is my horse, my fighter jet, my island, my friend. Together we will conquer that hill and thereafter the world.