View Single Post
Old 10-10-16, 10:39 AM
clasher

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 229 Post(s)
Liked 148 Times in 103 Posts
I DNF'd my first one last year to avoid aggravating an injured calf but finished one in 38+ hours this year... I didn't have much of a plan for the second one besides finishing it in less than 40 hours. I didn't book a hotel which turned out to be a good thing but I was hoping to get a solid 3 or 4 hours of sleep that didn't happen. We did put enough time in the bank for a couple of 1 hour naps in ATM lobbies and that was enough sleep for me. I did bring a change of clothing so I took time at my first sleep to have a bit of a whole body wipe-down with baby wipes and then I changed my shorts and shirt. I also took time to stop and have nice meals every time we ate and that kept my spirits up since I love to eat. I've yet to have any serious nausea problems on my long rides, not sure what I do to avoid that but I mostly just carbs and veggies along with some protein.... try to avoid greasy stuff. The weather wasn't on my side for this ride, we started in heavy rains and then the day turned really humid during the biggest climb of the ride... I ended up with over 12 hours of stopped time on the ride but I think that probably helped me finish. Next 600 I want to try and get one 3 hour sleep in the night instead of shorter naps.