Old 02-23-18, 06:10 AM
jppe
Let's do a Century

Bikes: Cervelo R3 Disc, Pinarello Prince/Campy SR; Cervelo R3/Sram Red; Trek 5900/Duraace, Lynskey GR260 Ultegra

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 651 Post(s)
Liked 879 Times in 408 Posts
Photos from 5 hour test ride on Lynskey GR260

I chose to ride on the New River Trail in Va to do a longish test ride on the new bike. It's flattish with no cars so a good place to experiment with the fit. I rode for about 3 hours and my wife joined me for the last 2 hours. We needed two vehicles which worked out great for us as she was heading that direction anyway. The first direction I rode was into a good headwind and at a slight uphill grade of 1-2% which was a great workout!!!

The only tweak I made was to rotate the bars up about 1-2 mm so my hands felt more flat on the hoods of the shifters. Needless to say it's a very nice riding bike.

The New River Trail is a rails to trail path. It is about 55 miles in length and runs from Pulaski to Galax, with a 5 mile side spur to Fries. At some point I plan to do the entire trail out and back in one day, but I didn't have time to do that this week. It mostly follow along the New River and it about 20 minutes north of the NC/Va state line. It actually crosses under I77.

The path is for cycling, hiking and horses. It's a mix of crushed stone and dirt. I will say that when I was going over hoof prints I definitely noticed it. My wife mentioned the same thing.

IMG_0592 by joe price, on Flickr

IMG_0595 by joe price, on Flickr

IMG_0593 by joe price, on Flickr

IMG_0590 by joe price, on Flickr

IMG_0587 by joe price, on Flickr

IMG_0585 by joe price, on Flickr

IMG_0614 by joe price, on Flickr

IMG_0582 by joe price, on Flickr

Last edited by jppe; 02-23-18 at 06:16 AM.