View Single Post
Old 02-16-20, 11:45 PM
Heathpack 
Has a magic bike

Bikes: 2018 Scott Spark, 2015 Fuji Norcom Straight, 2014 BMC GF01, 2013 Trek Madone

Mentioned: 699 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4456 Post(s)
Liked 425 Times in 157 Posts
Puppy Love got a qualifying score (aka a “pass”) in her Hunt Test today with her mini wirehaired dachshund bracemate. They did really well, worked together, it was beautiful to see. They took the full 30 min to convince the judges. My almost stepping on two rabbits hidden in the grass definitely helped. This happened with only about a minute to spare. The dogs had been trailing a scent line, took it into a tree and were figuring things out in there. I came around the other side of the tree, popped the rabbits, one of which bolted into the tree. High drama ensued but the rabbit made it safely into its hidey hole and the dogs passed their test. That’s Puppy Love’s first of three legs she needs towards her Senior Hunting Hound title. There’s no more Hunt Tests in California, Nevada, Washington, or Arizona until next Dec. BUT I just learned a test got permitted in Utah over Easter weekend. There goes that TT, Utah here we come. Two tests and Puppy Love’s bracemate will be going too.

Then she ran with a pack of smooth mini dachshunds who needed a 4th dog for the day. Within the first minute of the test, Puppy Love found a rabbit, got the other dogs going and even made way for the odd man out dog so he could get in and work too. Then off they went to demo some trailing chops, Puppy Love flushed a rabbit out of a tree and all four of them sniffed their way along the rabbits trail. Sweet. First passing score for the dogs of that pack. Puppy Love didn’t gain anything with that pass, she was just helping out her fellow Hounds.

Oh yeah and she had tons of fun playing fetch in the parking lot while waiting to run. And she won a skunk squeaky toy. Perfect day from her perspective. Except for the stinging nettles.

Likes For Heathpack: