View Single Post
Old 05-18-20, 02:56 PM
robertorolfo

Bikes: 82 Lotus Unique, 86 Lotus Legend, 88 Basso Loto, 88 Basso PR, 89 Basso PR, 96 Bianchi CDI, 2013 Deda Aegis, 2019 Basso Diamante SV

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 943 Post(s)
Liked 172 Times in 113 Posts
Originally Posted by countalmaviva
I love this. It's my first post to attract more than 10 replies, y'all!
Add my vote to the list of those that think the term "y'all" should never be used in NYC.

Originally Posted by Kilroy1988
If it were a first-generation Campagnolo Super Record RD in the sealed box, I wouldn't sell it to anyone I suspected of wanting to open the box. It should stay sealed.
Some vintage things are worth more in the box - look at collectible toys, for example. The rarest of the rare NOS bicycle parts count among those objects.
I don't agree at all. I'm a firm believer that these items should be used and enjoyed as intended (so used as a bike part, or as a toy...) I'd go as far as to say that those who prefer to keep these items unopened for all of eternity have some issues to resolve. Of course there is absolutely nothing wrong with having some unresolved issues. We probably all have them. But I think the "don't ever open the packaging" people need to be honest with themselves.

Originally Posted by RiddleOfSteel
Man, I was wondering when someone was going to reference UHF. Great movie.
I think we have the same taste in movies (as already established in another thread)... so have you seen The Wraith yet?