View Single Post
Old 06-02-20, 08:22 PM
Steve B.

Bikes: Flyxii FR322, Cannondale Topstone, Miyata City Liner, Specialized Chisel, Specialized Epic Evo

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3235 Post(s)
Liked 2,080 Times in 1,178 Posts
Originally Posted by jnesss
sorry for the highjack, I've been lookin at Garmins and Wahoo's lately.

correct me if I'm wrong:

•Garmin 830 has turn by turn Navi with no additional cost? just import a Strava route and done?
•Wahoo Bolt / Roam only has turn by turn Navi via an uploaded route from another piece of software and you need to pay a subscription fee for that software?
They both do TBT. Garmins can uses “courses” (sometimes known as Routes by other software), created in Strava, RideWithGPS, Kamoots and Garmin Connect. Wahoo can pretty much do the same (not sure about Kamoots). Those routes can be courses/routes created by others or one you create. Wahoo let’s you create on the phone app, Garmin as well. Both allow easy downloads of these courses via BT from the phone or via WiFi. Wahoo does not have a web based course creation tool. All this is free though Strava is starting to charge for stuff, RWGPS has some limits as well, but is worth a subscription. Lots of easy ways to get courses/routes onto the devices, it’s mostly pain free.
Likes For Steve B.: