Old 07-10-19, 03:08 PM
chas58

Bikes: too many of all kinds

Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1147 Post(s)
Liked 415 Times in 335 Posts
Originally Posted by linberl
So I emailed 1M about the amp stuff. Not sure I totally understand the answer but thought you might find it interesting:
Our Compact Battery Pack is 12S1P, and built with Sony VTC6 cells, which are capable of 20A continuous discharge. And 20A*43V (under load) = 860W We limit it slightly below that. As far as we know, these are the only cells in the world that can put out 20A for nearly an entire discharge cycle (and 30A for partial) and still have 3.0Ah capacity (other high discharge cells have less capacity), which is why they are multiples more expensive than the average 18650 Ebike cell… in keeping with every component of OneMotor I guess!

Here's a plot in case you’re interested.
Wow, that is an impressive battery!
Battery technology is changing fast, and he is using top shelf stuff. that is good to see. Best friction kit I have seen!

(There is a lot of junk out there, and batteries are an easy way to save money and make the price look good - until it craps out a year later).

I usually run at 10 amps (which is 350 watts) and your battery will last about 18 minutes under that load.
(at 20 amps, that specific battery lasts about 8 minutes - don't be doing that!).

Still, this is impressive performance which wasn't available a year or two ago.

Its interesting that he is not running the standard 36 or 48volt system, but actually 43 volts. Never seen that before (although some people like using a 52v battery on a 48v sytem).

Thanks for the info!

(if you want more of those geeky charts - here is his source: https://lygte-info.dk/review/batteri...een)%20UK.html