irpheus
Explorer

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Hello

- appreciate your feedback & experiences

@drmweaver2: Thanks for outlining a test procedure for finding out how my new tent fares in terms of condensation. It's a bit beyond what I have in mind for testing but I get the idea of establishing a baseline for the tent alone. And will consider the seam sealer

It makes me wonder, though, if any of you have experience with breathable light-weight fly materials?

The Hubba Hubba itself is made from "ripstop nylon 6 1500mm Polyurethane & Silicone Coated" which I reckon is not really breathable.

It seems to me that there are varying experiences with down being damp. My own experience, compared with other people, is that I tend to perspire more than average. On the other hand I really like down and natural materials so will have to think of something here. Any of you know of a source of superb down? Just might do my own duvet/sleeping bag.

In terms of understanding how/why my duvet becomes damp I would say that I know have a good picture of the mechanisms and also how you come about reducing the phenomenon. Thanks again for sharing your experience & suggestions

Greetings from a rainy Denmark,

Jesper