View Single Post
Old 08-16-20, 07:05 AM
Pop N Wood

Bikes: 1982 Bianchi Sport SX, Rayleigh Tamland 1, Rans V-Rex recumbent, Fuji MTB, 80's Cannondale MTB with BBSHD ebike motor

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 668 Post(s)
Liked 529 Times in 355 Posts
The trick is to find an on-line retailer near you so shipping time is minimized. Universal cycle fills that bill for me, one day ground shipping. Jenson is cross country to me and can take a week.

I like on line retailers with websites employing decent filters on their parts lists. Jenson is probably the best followed by Universal in that regard. Chain Reaction in Ireland actually ships fast, has a massive inventory, excellent web site and good prices, but for some reason they can't sell Shimano parts to the US anymore.

Unfortunately I have zero use for my local bike shops. No inventory, staffed by teenagers with condescending attitudes and now with covid you need an appointment and a doctor's note just to visit. When I did order stuff from them it wasn't clear that they weren't ordering directly from Amazon anyway. Hate to see business close but they simply don't cater to enthusiasts well.

Last edited by Pop N Wood; 08-16-20 at 07:08 AM.
Likes For Pop N Wood: