burnthesheep
Newbie racer

Bikes: Propel, red is faster

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1575 Post(s)
Liked 1,569 Times in 974 Posts
Wahoo Elemnt autopause

Before we get into a johnson measuring contest about the merits of bragging about speeds with autopause or not.............this is for my TT bike. I log the rides with the weather to keep track of data. I do the same routes a lot training on that bike, so can reasonably ascertain how things are going just by looking at overall ride speeds versus power. Days can have different weather, but I prefer things this way.

It would be OK if this autopause issue consistently made my rides slower, or faster, or whatever. But it seems to be really sensitive on stopping/restarting now. So, it's hit or miss on how much it affects a ride. TT bike ride data is all about when you're moving to know how efficient you're moving forward given the power put into it.

Now. I had a Bolt already. I killed it. Well, water did after the button covers fell off. Liked it well enough and got a new one. Newer one has the itchiest trigger finger on the auto pause I've ever seen. There is NO way the gps is that accurate.

I can't even hardly move when stopped at all! I take the Bolt on runs and convert the activity to a run after and when I stop to stretch it sometimes is un-pausing while I just stand and stretch. It's that sensitive.

Any advice on this?