View Single Post
Old 06-11-19, 05:03 AM
velojym

Bikes: Konas: Jake the Snake-Fire Mountain-Zing Supreme, Dew Deluxe,Zone Ltd. (frame, needs parts), Surly Long Haul Trucker, Santana Arriva tandem, Montagues: Paratrooper-Fit, Trek 1200, Bianchi Ocelot, Fantom Cross Uno, Bridgestone 200

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 108 Post(s)
Liked 227 Times in 122 Posts
Originally Posted by DHPflaumer
It's beautiful! I'm particularly a fan of purple and green for some reason so I'd probably pick up a pair of green brooks saddles, lime newbaums tape (I don't like padding), and some lime green housing...

On a related note: I like wrapping a roll of bar tape around the top tube of my bikes rather than using a sew on or velcro top tube protector. It does the same job and provides a good grip/doesn't slip around (my bikes live on the second floor so this is valuable to me). Bonus points for being less bulky and coming in a fun range of colors.
I can see that color scheme being very distinctive, all right.
I'd originally looked at some of the lace-on wraps, and figured, for the price, I'd be able to get bar tape cheaper, and well done would be just as effective... and easier to match the handlebars.
My wife likes the honey brown, so we're gonna head in that direction. Purple and green makes her think of the Joker.