Old 07-25-10, 04:50 AM
AdelaaR

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by r32nj
Yopo,

Did you compare the Orbea Diem with any other higher-end flat bar fitness/hybrid bikes? The Orbea caught my eye but I couldn't find a dealer that had one for me to see or ride.
No offence, If you really want that Orbea you should get it, but I personally think it is a bad choice.
It costs more than $2000 because it has a carbon frame and fork and ultegra components ... this brings the weight down to about 10 kilos.
If you would get a bike that is almost exactly the same bike but with an aluminum frame and fork and ... let's say ... a 105 group of components, that bike would cost less than half the price of this-one, while only weighing about 1 or max 2 kilos more.
Do you want to pay $1000+ for a bit more than 1 kilo off of the total weight of your weight plus the weight of your bike?
Unless you are planning on doing amateur races, I personally think that there is no reason for this, but you are free to spend your money on whatever you like, ofcourse.

Take a look at the Orbea Aneto, for instance, and compare the price and the weight & components to the Diem Ice