Old 08-10-17, 08:23 PM
Zurichman2

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 148 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Donsell
I spent the day looking at other options. I found a shop an hour away that has a Jamis Renegade Exploit in stock in my size. It hits all that I want: steel, 105 groupset, relaxed geometry. And I'll get to ride it before I buy it.
front
I'm going to head there Monday but right now, if it fits me I'll probably go that route.

I bought the 2016 Raleigh Tamland 1 over Easter weekend for $799 + $49 tax and it was shipped direct from Raleigh to my house. I saw the Corporate discount listed on here and my timing was just lucky/great. I put the bike completely together except for the front brake caliper which I didn't know how to do. Took the bike to a Raleigh dealer and he charger me $75 to assemble the rest. He had to put a shim in on the front disc as it was clicking.

changes or troubles

I was have some trouble with the TRP brakes some suggested seating them in. What I found to be the problem was the shop didn't adjust the rear brake. I turned it in until it locked the wheel and then back it out a hair. The brakes have been fine ever since.

I put a 11 x 36 Sram cassette on the back along with the Road link. I was able to get the front tire to go tubeless but not the rear. I am putting a set of Kenda Flintridge pro tubeless 40 mm tires on it in the next couple of days to get it ready for the Pony Express 120 race. I feel I got a sweetheart of a deal on the bike and couldn't go wrong with it. I really like the bike so far and probably will be getting a lighter set of wheels for it over the winter.

I know that price isn't available right now and my Raleigh dealer wanted to sell it to me for $1300. He also didn't have or know much about the Tamland as gravel riding isn't big here in South Central Pa. He did have another Raleigh bike with the same geometry that I could try out for sizing. I am 6 ft and bought the 56 cm.

Good luck in whatever you buy.
Zman

Last edited by Zurichman2; 08-10-17 at 08:28 PM.