Old 09-24-18, 09:06 PM
shoota 

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1872 Post(s)
Liked 692 Times in 468 Posts
Originally Posted by Metieval
I've never ridden the Tamland. I really also know nothing about 853 vs 631 vs 725.

What I do know is the Niner RLT 853 is silk smooth and stiff enough, surprisingly stiffer than to be expected for being steel!

I know the Jamis Renegade Exploit gets bragged up, yet at the same time reading between the lines people want more tire, or less weight, or it leaves more than a handful of people looking for another bike.

far less have complained about the Niner 853. I only know of one person that gave up a 853 RLT for carbon RDO RLT, and that is some one who races and spends time on race paced group rides.

If the frame wasn't the only variable, we can compare forks, the Niner fork hands down is the winner.

Bottom line you get what you pay for. between Jamis Renegade Exploit, Tamland, and the Niner 853 RLT, Niner is the clear winner and best bike. However it really comes down to is good enough, good enough for you the buyer/rider?

My argument for buying a Niner 853, buy once be done with it.

which is better than buying a Jamis/Raleigh this year and a Niner next year.
Those were my top three choices. Wound up with a Tamland for me and a Renegade for the wife. Paid less than half for both total than an RLT. Price is a huge deciding factor. And threaded BBs.