wipekitty
vespertine member

Bikes: Yes

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 687 Post(s)
Liked 220 Times in 163 Posts
Originally Posted by Skankingbiker
I am considering doing the Ride Across Wisconsin in August--2 day double century I missed most of last season due to a back injury. I am at a total loss as far as training regimens. I don't want to do too much too soon, but know I have a lot of work to do.

Anyone have any suggestions, ideas?
Are you doing the two day version? (I am indeed signed up for the one day version.)

I'm not sure where you are in Wisconsin, but there is a RAW info session at a LBS in La Crosse coming up in March. Part of the presentation will apparently discuss a training plan...and there is also information on training plans on the official website. It looks like the training plan for the two day version recommends a few centuries and a few 200 mile+ weeks (whereas the one day plan recommends a few significantly longer rides, plus a few 300 mile+ weeks.) The good news is that it starts off in late March with only around 40 miles a week, so even if you hit two hours a week on a bike or trainer until then, it should be fairly easy.

Some of the guys around La Crosse are planning to do training rides once summer hits, and I suspect that there will be other training rides taking place elsewhere in Wisconsin.