Old 11-26-17, 08:54 PM
HLW

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
I don't think the problem is an issue with the American Classic Race's. After my blow off I remounted the G One on the rim using a tube and there was a pronounced flat spot on the tread to the point that it could no longer be ridden. I even tried to mount it on a HED wheelset and got a blow off in the same spot. There is definitely damage/deformation to the bead on this tire. I don't really want to try and use the other undamaged tire any longer either if the issue is weak beads because there's the chance it may fail as well (my blow off occurred on the rear tire). I've since remounted my set of Compass Bon Jon's with no issues, but like pushstart said it would be nice to have something a little more robust. Attached are images of the where the tread flattens out (starts above the 29 and extends about 2 inches) when mounted with a tube (post blow off), and a picture of the damage to the bead (on right bead, appears bent). Not sure if this is visually what others are noticing, but I thought I'd post it as a reference.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Gone Race.jpg (84.4 KB, 213 views)
File Type: jpg
broken bead.jpg (49.0 KB, 213 views)