Old 11-27-17, 11:05 AM
TimothyH
- Soli Deo Gloria -

Bikes: 2018 Rodriguez Custom Fixed Gear, 2017 Niner RLT 9 RDO, 2015 Bianchi Pista, 2002 Fuji Robaix

Mentioned: 235 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6844 Post(s)
Liked 736 Times in 469 Posts
Originally Posted by dwmckee
Schwalbe replaced our 2 tires and we remounted the replacements on the AC Race rims without any problems. The replacement tires had beads noticeable tighter than the originals; we had to use tire levers on the replacements and the originals actually mounted without levers...

Same here. I rode the warranty replacements about 150 miles without problems and then one morning I went into my freshly painted garage to find one side of the rear tire off the rim.

Orange Seal Endurance had been flung all over the walls, ceiling and all over my white Subaru. Sealant was 15 feet away from the bike and so it must have blown off the rim explosively while the bike sat overnight. It was quite enough to find that the sealant had stained the Subaru paint. I enjoy cycling but this is a $35,000 car. Even so I tried to stay with Schwalbe and resigned myself to needing to say with the narrower version. Then the 35's self-deflated and now a pair of slightly used 35's sits crumpled in the corner of my garage while a brand new pair of 38's sits in my closet.

Panaracer Gravelking SK are nice but they don't roll anywhere near as nicely as the G-Ones.

-Tim-

Last edited by TimothyH; 11-27-17 at 11:14 AM.