Old 04-15-19, 12:11 PM
pdlamb

Bikes: Fuji Touring, Novara Randonee

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2604 Post(s)
Liked 1,933 Times in 1,213 Posts
Originally Posted by Sapperc
This thread is about manuals and specifically the lack of useful information provided to the end user in some instances. Some of us feel that void and would like it addressed.
What I've done to fill that void is to go to the manufacturer's web page for the bike, print it out, and save it.

Note this is only good for a year or two. After that you buy new tires (which may or may not be the same brand, model, or size), and put on a new chain (ditto) and re-cable. A couple years later you may need to re-tape (drop bars), and perhaps change out the cassette. A few years later you may need to replace the brifters, and the original model is not longer available -- it's either change model names, or the same model name now has more gears. Etc., etc. On my 20 year old bike the fork and the brakes are original -- everything else has been replaced.

Again, either get yourself a bike repair book or familiarize yourself with the Park Tool repair site. I know this isn't what you're asking for, but it's what you need to know.

FWIW, does your car manual tell you how to change your struts or brake pads? I don't think the latest ones even tell you how to change your oil!