Thread: Finally! (?)
View Single Post
Old 08-23-19, 09:41 PM
velojym

Bikes: Konas: Jake the Snake-Fire Mountain-Zing Supreme, Dew Deluxe,Zone Ltd. (frame, needs parts), Surly Long Haul Trucker, Santana Arriva tandem, Montagues: Paratrooper-Fit, Trek 1200, Bianchi Ocelot, Fantom Cross Uno, Bridgestone 200

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 108 Post(s)
Liked 227 Times in 122 Posts
Originally Posted by RiddleOfSteel
That Trek is looking really sharp! I think the silver or black seatpost works, and I applaud your bar and STI shifter angling--looks proper! I think a black saddle and bar tape (or just matching saddle and bar tape) will look really nice. Brown does have its place, but it can be tricky. Those Charge "Spoon" saddles are nice. I had one, and sold it on a bike. I'd be game to pick another one up if I came across it. For now it's Prologo Scratch Pro's.
I may yet go to black for those parts, as I wouldn't mind putting this bar tape and saddle on my old Bridgestone, for the retro look. Thanks, I mostly went by feel on the cockpit, and though I don't have it fully finished yet, a roll across the living room floor felt pretty good.

I also thought about getting a "ladle" saddle and using it with this Charge on the tandem. Who knows... I don't usually finalize a decision until I'm checking torque.

Another thing I like about the look... probably the first bike I've had with a full matching groupset.