Old 09-22-11, 07:36 PM
jeebusaurousrex

Bikes: Schwinns

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by XLR99
Here's my Cilo with Columbus Aelle/Tretubi tubeset. I bought it from a buddy while I was in high school in ~1987-88. It originally had all 600EX components and was a lighter blue. I got it resprayed after an RD failure ripped apart the rear wheel and dropout in the early 90s sometime. Decals are from cyclomundo. This is the exact mishmash of components I had on it since college; the front wheel and brakes are original though. I finally glued on the tires and wrapped the bars this weekend.
Rode it for the first time since ~1998 today. Apparently my legs have shrunk - I ended up making a bunch of stops to mess with seat height/position/angle, handlebar angle, etc. After riding my Bianchi Volpe and MTBs, this thing felt like a rocket, with telepathic handling. By the end of my 22 mile ride, I felt comfortable on it again.
That is ice cold. Very very nice. Glad you had it repaired and got it back on the road.

You'll have to excuse me in advance because I don't know any better, but are those brake cable arches supposed to be so tall?