Old 06-23-15, 08:33 PM
toddles
Banned.

Bikes: Jamis Aurora Elite

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
While I have not done it by bike, I think a loop from Anacortes to Port Angeles via the San Juans and Victoria is doable. The only area I would question is the stretch from Sidney (ferry terminal on the Victoria side) to Victoria -- as I've only been on it by car and wasn't biking at the time. I'd get some more info on the riding conditions there. My guess is they have buses with bike racks too that go from Sidney to Victoria as well since a lot of Vancouver BC traffic comes through here. And if you could take the bus down to Victoria you could shave some time off (if you are interested). But you'd have to get more info on that.

Victoria is awesome -- the Sequim guy was right. Jump the ferry from Friday Harbor to Sidney. That area is the jewel of Washington State and Victoria is something not to be missed IMHO. But don't miss out on the peninsula either. As the guy above suggested, hop the ferry from Victoria to Port Angeles. The Olympics from the northern view is great too. Just remember that PA isn't much to look at. I find it interesting for about 10 minutes and then I'm ready to get the hell out of there.

The ride from PA to Port Townsend (PT) should be fine with the main challenges riding out of PA and then riding out of Discovery Bay up to PT. However, once in Port Townsend, it is a different story than Port Angeles. Great little Victorian style city with great views atop the bluff(s) and a nice ferry ride across Admiralty Inlet to Whidbey Island.

Last edited by toddles; 06-23-15 at 08:54 PM.