View Single Post
Old 04-11-18, 12:45 PM
munkeyfish 

Bikes: 2016 Specialized Crosstrails Disc XL Frame. 2021 Trek Verve 2 Step Through XL frame.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts
I'm going down the rabbit hole.

I have an appt. With my doctor tomorrow to discuss this diet. Taking my wife with me too. I've bought a couple books and read through them, been reading a few websites too. Some members here have pointed me to the right areas to get started.
I have to see the doctor because I am on heart/high blood pressure meds and meds for type 2 diabetes.
I've already started monkeying around with the life style change this week and have seen my blood Sugars dip below normal more so than not. So there is a sign already that this will be a better way for me and maybe I can throw away some of these damn pills.
From my reading, it has surprised me about our culture of low fat and too many carbs. And I can see the connection of that diet to my current state. Kinda pisses me off.

I may start a new thread about my progress when I really get the ball rolling. My wife and I are both going to follow this diet and by the end of the weekend, I'll have my starting stats.

Thanks to the OP for bringing this to light to me. I'd never heard of it until this thread showed up.