Old 04-03-19, 09:49 PM
spectastic
commu*ist spy

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 653 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Originally Posted by TMonk
@spectastic tell us how you really feel! Sounds like you need a break. Also describing intervals as being boring sounds moot point. Of course they are! Intervals are for training and working out, not fun and recreation. That's what they'll always be for. If you don't want to do them, don't!

If you have other life things that are putting racing on the back burner, that's important and there's no shame in that. Try some track, MTB or gravel, if you wanna jump on that bandwagon, trendy as though that may be.

Just curious, what about racing is ridiculous and boring to you? You've had quite the meteoric rise and are at a higher category than me, so you might have a different perspective. I've been mediocre and (arguably) complacent for years, and am finally knocking on the door to cat 2 after some solid success so far this season. So I'm enthusiastic right now
i still find it exciting. i just don't see the rewards to be very worthwhile anymore, especially racing p/1/2. you have to sacrifice quite a lot to be able to hang with guys who more or less do it for a living. I've been doing more gravel events, and find those pretty fun. But overall, I've realized that I enjoy riding my bike and being fit more than paying hundreds of dollars and dedicating several months of preparation for a few events. I'm sure i'll be doing more USAC events in the future, maybe next year. but not this year. I need to figure some things out.

as for being boring and ridiculous, that has more to do with seeing the same people, having the same conversations after the races, doing the same poses. it's gotten old for me. on top of that, I don't like the attitude of some of these roadies, thinking the world is all about them. that's probably the one thing that drives me up the wall the most, people and their egos, taking the sport too seriously, like they've got some kind of future in the world tour. nope, bye.

Last edited by spectastic; 04-03-19 at 09:54 PM.
Likes For spectastic: