View Single Post
Old 05-14-19, 11:45 AM
Oldpeddaller

Bikes: 1970 Holdsworth Mistral, Vitus 979, Colnago Primavera, Corratec Hydracarbon, Massi MegaTeam, 1935 Claud Butler Super Velo, Carrera Virtuoso, Viner, 1953 Claud Butler Silver Jubilee, 1954 Holdsworth Typhoon, 1966 Claud Butler Olympic Road, 1982 Claud

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked 11 Times in 10 Posts
Originally Posted by MikeyMK
Most of the Chinese parts aren't unbranded, or poor quality. There are only three main companies doing the Chinese e-bike operation and they're not budget companies in China.

You've only heard of Bosch and Yamaha because they've long been selling drills and keyboards in the west.

My bike is made of Risunmotor and Hallomotor parts, and they've proven bomb-proof the last few years.
My bike has Chinese-made parts too. I was nervous about this before buying so researched this and was astonished to find that China is the World leader in e-bikes and e-bike technology, with an INTERNAL market of 20 million units despite e-bikes being outlawed in a large number of cities! Makes the 1 in 5 of new bike sales in the UK seem tiny! I'm new to all this but so far I'm delighted both with my bike and also the excellent after-sales service from the European agent in Valencia. I hope mine can do the near 10,000 miles per year the OP does - I'll never have time or need to ride that far, but it's a nice thought. I'd imagine even an electric motor needs servicing in that time - a petrol engine would have had two or three services after all?